Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to this forum. This might have been asked before, if so I apologize. We are at a location where we cannot get sat 82 because of the footprint, but do get 91. Our trailer has a roof mounted dish with 2 ports on the LNB, but only a single coax into the RV. Can I run 2 short coax from the LNB to a SW21 switch, use the single feed from the roof to the dual tuner receiver and split the feed with another SW21 switch, thereby using inputs sat 1 & sat 2. We want to be able to watch one channel and PVR another. I know it's possible to do with a LNB and an OTA. Just a footnote: right now I ran an extra cable from the spare output on the LNB to a connection on the side of our RV, then into sat2 input on receiver. Just want to eliminate climbing on the roof when we move. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No, an SW21 is for combining signals from 2 orbital locations, it is NOT a splitter, plus you cannot split signals from Legacy LNBF's.

If the Dish has standard mounts for the LNBF you could swap out the LNBF for a DPP Twin, then behind the receiver use a DPP Seperator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you...after researching this forum I see my question has been addressed before, I just arrived at it through a Google search. Dpp Twin LNB and DPP Separator, got it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts