Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering if there's a way to split a sat signal from my hd receiver to my hd tv and to an older tv i have (that only has coax in).I know i can split it via coax,but i want to hook up my hd tv via hdmi.Can it be done?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes, use a modulator to go from Composite to Coax, then feed the coax to the other TV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinza

Thanks for the quick response.
My receiver has coax out so i don't believe i would need a modulator.Can i use both outs from my reciever to feed both my tv's? One through hdmi and the other through coax for my second tv?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes, all outputs are live all the time on Bell Receivers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just want to confirm that this setup would require that both TV's would have to watch the same program at the same time. I have an old TV in my bedroom and an HDTV in my living room, which are never in use at the same time, so I could put my 9241 receiver in a central location, get a second UHF remote, and watch TV in both rooms (I would likely use an old VCR with RCA cables going from the 9241 to the VCR and coax from the VCR to the old tv in the bedroom - not worried about the picture quality).

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes I see no issues.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Have a look for a Modulator, that would allow you to convert the Composite signals to Coax, without the need for the old VCR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts