Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found answers about splitting HDMI to different displays but could not find if it will work through two different AVRs and then to the displays.

I want to split the HDMI out from my satellite receiver and input that into two different Onkyo AVRs. Each AVR will then output via HDMI to two different plasma displays.

I would like both to work simultaneously if possible.

Right now I am using HDMI to one Onkyo and Component/Optical to the other.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
From what I understand about HDMI, it could work ( I say could because it assumes all of the equipment has the latest firmware updates)

My Bell goes

Bell to Matrix

then

Matrix to AVR to Projector (so this means its going Bell to Splitter to AVR to Projector)
Matrix to TV

without any issues.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will buy a powered splitter designed to work with two displays simultaneously and report back here.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If you have multiple inputs, you may consider a matrix splitter. I have a 2 input / 4 output matrix splitter.

P.S. definitely get a powered splitter. Passive splitters often cause a lot of grief.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Peano - did you ever find a splitter to work with your two AVRs? I am researching for a similar solution - I would like to split a Sony Blu-ray carrousel into two separate AVRs controlling two separate areas of the house.

Hugh, any updates on your matrix splitter? This is beyond my initial plan but would allow me to share a HDDVD player to both zones as well. Where in Canada did you buy?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did. I bought some powered splitters on ebay. They worked but added to my already extremely cluttered A/V area so I went back to component to one AVR and HDMI to the other.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a powered splitter that has one input (HTPC) to four outputs. One output to a Pioneer AVR, then 25 feet to a projector, one to 46" LCD 35 feet away, two to smaller displays 15 feet away. All of the displays project an excellent image.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Danno100 - what brand / where did you buy the splitter? There seems to be a few of them out of there though most are names I do not recognize. Thinking of getting the 1 x 2 powered splitter from monoprice.....seems to be 1.3b capable which is plenty for my purposes.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts