Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Bar Rescue is poorly scripted and too over the top since season 3.

Jon Taffer would have had a stroke by now if the show was real.

It jumped the shark for me the episode when a bar owner brought a horse in a packed bar and it relieved itself everywhere.

I'm sure I'll tune in every once and awhile to see Jon's eyes bulge, or how dumb they make the employees look.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
...and the daily mini-marathons of Friends and Two and a Half men. Just in case you missed episodes of Friends the first 1304 times it aired in the last 25 years.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Paramount Network is delaying the premiere of its Heathers reboot until later this year, following the deadly shooting at a Parkland, Florida high school. (Source) Zap2it previously showed that the series would air on Paramount Canada on March 7.

I'm not sure of the Canadian rights of the these 2 upcoming series:
American Woman - Thursday, June 7 at 10:00PM ET/PT.
Yellowstone - Wednesday, June 20 at 9 PM, ET/PT.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
'Heathers' Reboot Scrapped Entirely at Paramount Network | TVLine

After a delayed start, Paramount Network has decided not to air the upcoming Heathers TV reboot at all. The network ultimately decided that the reboot’s satirical depiction of violence inside a high school “didn’t feel right.”

The 10-episode first season, which was ordered a year and a half ago, has been finished and waiting on the shelf for some time now. Development work on season 2 is underway and the show is being shopped elsewhere.

----

I looked for American Woman on Zap2it and it's not airing in Canada. Lip Sync Battle will return for Season 4B on June 14.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do not believe Yellowstone will be airing on Paramount Network either. I was looking forward to seeing Yellowstone on Paramount Network. I will probably have to wait for a streaming network or Canadian broadcaster to pickup Yellowstone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will probably have to wait for a streaming service or Canadian broadcast to pick up Yellowstone. It will not be shown in Canada on June 20.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
TV Land has cancelled Nobodies. Paramount Network showed the first two episodes of season 2 before the show moved back to TV Land for the remainder of the season. (Source)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Paramount Network

I'm not sure what happened (perhaps it was the plan all along) but it seems to me that the Paramount Network (in Canada at least) has switched their focus to shows like: Ink Master, Bar Rescue and Lip Sync Battle.

Every time I have checked lately these are the shows that are on...sometimes for 10 hours at a time.

Gone from old Spike TV's lineup are staples like Cops and Bellator MMA.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
Every time I have checked lately these are the shows that are on...sometimes for 10 hours at a time.
To quote an idiom, same old same old. Buy a few shows and a bunch of deadbeat Cancon. Repeat them to death for a year. Collect a few million dollars in profit for being a Canadian station on cable. Repeat for another year. When it gets so tired that cable TV customers are about to revolt, change the station name to a sound like another US station. Repeat. Go straight to the bank, always pass GO, get out of jail free, enjoy the monopoly.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
@ExDilbert Last November the CRTC approved the "Renaming of Spike TV as Paramount Network on the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution." (post 28)

Paramount doesn't have any Cancon requirements. In situations where they haven't obtained the Canadian rights to some of the programs on their schedule, they substitue other American programs.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
I stand corrected on the Cancon and the Canadian references, at least for this channel. I stand by the rest for some US channels. I have seen instances where a bunch of deadbeat programming shows up on US stations due to programming rights conflicts in Canada or just because that's the way they operate.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story is airing on the Canadian feed according to Zap2it. Also on BET in Canada.

I'm not sure what happened (perhaps it was the plan all along) but it seems to me that the Paramount Network (in Canada at least) has switched their focus to shows like: Ink Master, Bar Rescue and Lip Sync Battle.

Gone from old Spike TV's lineup are staples like Cops and Bellator MMA.
Cops and Bellator MMA aren't on the U.S. feed right now either.

I compared both feeds using Zap2it and they both air lots of Bar Rescue - the U.S. feed has 77 episodes in 2 weeks!

The difference is that the Canadian feed doesn't get:
  • most Paramount originals like Yellowstone, American Woman, etc.
  • some movies where they don't have the Canadian rights
  • reruns of Two and a Half Men, Mom and Friends that are licensed to Canadian stations like CTV and City TV
  • infomercials, since the advertisers only pay for U.S. subscribers
When one of those programs is on the U.S. feed, Canadians get Ink Master, Lip Sync Battle and even more Bar Rescue. :)

I recall similar complaints about the old Spike TV not showing The Mist and some movies. No one complained about missing the reruns of Two and a Half Men or the infomercials.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Who would want to pay for this crap, 3 shows ad-infinitum over and over. Not worth a plug nickel. I don't have Paramount in my tv package.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
I haven't watched Spike in about 20 years. It was good at first but after a while it seemed like every time I tried to watch something, it turned out to be blacked out or substituted in Canada. It was like they just stopped obtaining Canadian rights for their most popular new content. It looks like the change in name to Paramount hasn't changed that.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts