Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st question: is www.testmy.net accurate when it comes to testing speeds. i've seen results up to 53Mbps so the site is fast enough but not sure about reliability.

2nd question: can someone with Aliant FibreOp internet (preferably in Dieppe but anywhere is fine) run the 200MB download test and post the result please (as well as what your speed plan is).

Test link: »testmy.net/dl-204800&nfw=1

·
Registered
46 Posts
1st answer: I have only used testmy twice (including just now) but I then tested at SpeedTest.net both times and they matched both times so I would say testmy is accurate enough.

2nd answer: I lie in Nerepis (between Saint John and Oromocto) and I have the 25/5 plan. testmy says my speed is 24.32 Mbps, using the 200MB download test.

http://testmy.net/db/nYIBsa

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome! thank you so much for responding.

I was just wondering because testing my Rogers connection on that site gives me MUCH different results than rogers.com/speedcheck and speedtest.net give me. I have a tendency to believe this site since it is able to test beyond the speedboost scope and give a proper result.

Once again i thank you and can't wait until FibreOp is ready for my apartment in Dieppe (Plexus already ran fibre to each apartment and i was told the fibre is into the building now!!!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts