Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Pioneer VSX-816 Receiver that is hooked up to a CD Player, Cassette deck and TV. Occasionally when I turn up the volume, the receiver shuts down and I am guessing that the "weak link" are my Dual LU 43P speakers that I use as the back speakers in a surround sound setup (see specs for Dual 43P below) and my question is, can you please give me a recommendations of speakers that I can use (to replace) the Dual 43Ps? The one caveat that I have is that the Duals are mounted to the ceiling (via brackets) so I need speakers that can also be mounted on the ceiling.
Thank you for your help,
Bob
==============================================
Dual LU-43P

* Power handling: 50 watts RMS, 100 watts peak
* 4-Inch polyelite subwoofer with rubber surround sound
* 40mm polycone midrange and 20mm piezo tweeter
* Sensitivity; 87dB, Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz
* Aluminum grill (non-removable), rotating logo for versatile mounting options, UV treated ABS enclosure

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
Also make sure you don't have a short at the speaker or at the speaker wire on the back of the AVR. A small strand of speaker wire can cause a short, then power shutdown at higher volumes. Disconnect all speakers, then reconnect them one at a time (trying the AVR after each one), ensuring no shorts/problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys, thank you so much for your help.
I unplugged and then replugged each speaker and tested each speaker and they appear to be fine and I am having a little difficulty with Eljays suggestion that I "check the speaker set-up in the receiver's menu".
FYI, the current setup is 5.1, I am unable to locate the Users Guide so I am having difficulty finding the ENTER button to get to the setup menu (I can get to the setup menu but am unable to go to the next step). I'll look some more for the manual and will POST my progress.
Thank you again for your help,
Bob

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts