Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a decade or more behind with my television technology. I just purchased a 26" Toshiba LCD.

I unplugged the old Sony that I had, and plugged the toshiba in with the same cables, rca, for the time being.

It all works fine, with the exception of the external speakers.

I'm going to get in behind to rewire, but I wonder why the external speakers seem to be out of sync now? I have disconnected them for the time being.

Everything is wired out of a Yamaha AV receiver.

My plan is to use HDMI from the sat. receiver to the av receiver, to the tv.

Not sure what to purchase if I need to replace these. They're not huge, but do a nice job of holding table lamps.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The problem is not with the speakers, it's with the TV. Most HDTVs introduce a small video delay due to video processing. That is compensated for by also delaying the sound, in the TV. External audio amplifiers will be slightly out of sync unless they introduce a similar delay. Some satellite receivers can compensate by introducing their own delay in the separate audio outputs. Some, mostly newer, A/V receivers can do the same. Using the A/V receiver is probably the best solution.

There is also a possibility that the audio sync problem is from the source (TV channel or satellite receiver) but that has been discussed in other threads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts