Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone else subscribe to Al Jazeera English? I subscribed to it yesterday and I've noticed some very odd issues with the sound.

Anytime someone is talking, their voice sounds like it's being pitched up and down, almost as if they're underwater. I notice this too during the channels promos between commercials, where it's simply just some classical music and the logo. It's not as noticeable during programmes or documentaries when you have lots of sound, like voices, music, general ambiance. I'm not sure how else to describe what I'm hearing, maybe I can take an audio recording of it later on.

I first thought it might simply be an issue with PAL/NTSC frame rates. I know on television, you often hear pitch changes during the credits to make up for the differences in frame rate, but this is happening all the time on this channel and I don't think that would affect something like a news service.

Has anyone got a clue what I'm talking about, or have this channel (ch 176) that they could maybe check it out? It's kind of vague describing it but my only microphone is on a V1U video camera that's not at my house. If I can I'll make a recording over the weekend if I don't figure it out.

Many thanks

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
p0m, my guess is its the broadcast and NOT Rogers cable.

Have your tried sending an email to the station? They should welcome your comments and at least be able to tell you if the issue is with the station or Rogers.

P.S. I have moved your thread to the programming forum and left a temporary redirect in Rogers forum since its likely a station and not a Rogers problem. In this forum, you'll get some feedback from AJE subscribers on other systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts