Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ALWAYS use *67 when I call someone...it works...but not with some numbers...one example is when I called a car salesman place to inquire about a car...the dude knew my number and read it back to me like I told it to him to call me back later...shocking.:eek:

Do certain companies pay to have this feature removed or what?...because...umm no I did not want to give my number to a CAR SALESMAN...

Sure enough I get a call back a few weeks later from the dude....which should not have happened if this feature worked.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
if the number is forwarded to a toll free number, the ani will come through because toll free will always show this 9 times out of 10, what this means in english, if the number you called is forwarded to a toll free number, they will get your call id 9 times out of 10

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANI: A ten digit number that matches the phone line the last leg of the call originated from. This will match the calling party's number in most cases, but will usually be replaced by another number if the call is not placed directly (eg. through a service like a calling card or Google Voice.) A residential customer never sees this information, but toll free numbers and some businesses can subscribe to real-time ANI.

So any business can subscribe to this?...even if Joe Schmo(schmo inc) says he's a 1 man business he can get to see your caller ID?

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Yes even Joe Schmo can see ur number if he had the appropriate line type. Its a business line by the way. Different than residential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts