1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the update Hugh. Sounds like many good features.

I have a 1st generation Sony and would love to upgrade. I'm hoping they also announce a 5" screen at an even lower price .
The price point for the 6" seems a bit more inline with all others so maybe Sony finally listened to us all.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Kindle is $139 and Kobo Wifi is $109 so Sony is still charging a significant premium. Not sure that the $30 or $60 extra dollars buys you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,

I just noticed FS has the Sony at a pre release retail of $169.99. A premium of $30 over Kobo touch. To your point Hugh- are the new features that wonderful and worth the extra $30 ? I think not.

On another note- I kind of wish they also came out with a new release 350 with the 5" screen.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not familiar with the Sony device so I can't say with any certainty. $30 might be worth it if the Sony turned the pages a lot faster or if the contrast on the screen was far superior.

My advice would be try them both out and then decide. If you do buy one, please let us know why you chose one over the other.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good advice Hugh.

I currently own the 1st generation Sony 300 and gave my daughter the new Kobo touch.
I'll likely be holding off to the Boxing weeks sales and see what pricing is offered then. I'd love to upgrade to the Sony 350 or even this new 6" Sony -but we shall see. I'm not going to jump too fast.

And on a totally different note- Thanks so much for founding "Digital Forumn"- it has helped me immensely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts