Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1080p XBR7-series consists of a single new panel - the 70-inch KDL-70XBR7 which features WCG-CCFL backlight, 10-bit processing, 10-bit panel, contrast enhancement, 120MHZ frame rate technology and x.v.Color.

The XBR7 model also can display digital photos and play digital music from USB devices and photos from Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) compliant devices via your home network.

Inputs include four 1080/60 24p HDMI connections (HDCP), two 1080/60p component inputs, a 1080/60p PC input, Ethernet (RJ-45) port and a RS-232C connection.

Available later this fall

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the opportunity to see this today at the Sony offices along with their new Blu-ray players.

It's big! Unfortunately most of my viewing was off-axis so I didn't get a good look but it seemed to be a decent 120HZ panel. One writer, whose opinion I respect, commented privately to me that he thought the colours looked crushed but honestly, I didn't really get a great look. FYI, If you're looking for a superior LCD from Sony though, look to the new XBR8 LED backlit sets. The XBR8 is sony's new flagship LCD.

This set should be available in November

1 - 2 of 2 Posts