Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

I just purchased a Sony STRDH800 receiver & Infinity TSS-500 speaker system.

I tried to do my research before buying and to check the pros and cons of each but could not find much. Has any one used any of these systems and if they can post their comments, that would be much appreciated. Also if any one thinks that I can make any improvements to my setup, please let me know.

I am not willing to spend anymore as I already stretched my budget.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just the receiver and speaker?

That combo certainly works but it would be hard for anyone to offer any suggestions without knowing what other components you may have in your set up and how they are connected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not plan to connect a whole bunch of devices. Currently It only has a plasma TV and a DVD player. I will also connect a Nintendo Wii and a Bell receiver in a few days.May be connect my laptop occasionally for watching few movies. Other than that, I don't have plans to connect any thing else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tell us how you like the set up. I am in the market for a new receiver also and the Sony STRDH800 looks fine to me, though I will probably get something else as I much prefer to get one that offers upconvert capabilities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far so good. No complaints so far but I can not comment about the receiver at this time as I have not had a chance to experiment with the settings.

I was on a tight budget. Really wanted to get a upconverting receiver but it would have been a far stretch. I might upgrade later and sell my receiver for the price I paid. I was able to get it from Futureshop for half their regular price. I had to buy the speakers too as I was building the entire system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.