Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy either the Samsung LN40C540 or the Sony Bravia KDL40EX400. Which one is the better buy?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have just encountered capacitor problem on 2 year old Samsung LN40A750; check web ( youtube) for more on this. They will fix it but at their own pace; bad service.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Your problem has nothing to do with the model he's asking about.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
But bad service does. Samsung Canada probably has the worst warranty service in the industry. Taking over two months to fix problems under warranty is unacceptable. That alone will make me choose the Sony next time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Samsung is my choice, for those needing service can you bring it to an authorized Samsung shop I guess depends on the volume they are fixing and the shop you are brinigng it to.
Sony HDTVs is basically rebadged Honai as Sony has sold all their HDTV plants in Mexico and Japan.

The last time I checked LN40C540 was a 2010 model and the Sony Bravia KDL40EX400 was the newer model with more features like room atmosphere auto adjust.
So the bottom line for me is price$$$, I really will accept the two brands, if you are going to use it for OTA then I would pick the Samsung since I experience their tuners are more sensitive than the Sony's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts