Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Sony Led tv's

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gday 
#1 ·
I have a Sony KDL55ex710 tv and I contaced the sony tech support and they told me that in Canada "PC to TV" plug-in is not available for Canadians which means that you can not stream video or show photos from your computer. Could some one who owns this tv and lives in Canada and has bought a canadian version of the tv please let me know if they can stream video or show photos from a computer and if yes, please share instructions how you accomplished it.

Secondly netflix is also not available for Canadian customers, is there anybody who is able to access netflix.ca from this tv.

I am surprised that sony will put on the tv box that it is internet ready, wireless ready and dlna certified and yet this tv can not do the above two mentioned items.

#2 ·
I just purchased the KDL60ex703 a couple of weeks ago and I am able to stream videos and music and pictures from my laptop via HDMI cable and also able to listen to music and view pictures using the ethernet connection on the tv.

Not able to get Netflix.
Just noticed today a new icon in the menu for "Qriocity" coming soon

#4 ·
Just noticed today a new icon in the menu for "Qriocity" coming soon
Cool! I don't yet see this on my HX9, but this is good news for us CDN viewers. Interestingly, the last update featured Qriocity improvements with the usual disclaimer that the service is only available in the USA.

Now here's hoping for netflix.ca streaming soon, too.

#5 ·
Sony Qriocity update:

The Qriocity feature is now available in Canada. Lots of movies for downloading (pay per movie). Video quality is good. Still waiting for Sony Canada to add some 3D options.

#6 ·
Streaming Video to Sony Internet TVs

I have a KDL55EX710. I stream videos , share photos and music from Windows Media Player (WMP) 12 running on Windows 7 and previously WMP 11 on XP. I'm using Ethernet cable not wireless but it should work with wireless. WMP transcodes .AVI format video to a format that the Sony TV supports but the quality is very poor. Microsoft says it's an issue with Sony. I have an open call with Sony Support. With .WMV format and others , the quality is very good.

I also use Samsung PC Share Manager to Share Photos and Music over the network to the TV, it works fine as well.

Netflix Canada does not support streaming directly to the Sony TV at this time. It's supposed to be available later this year. Netflix U.S. does support it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.