Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lando said:
Well I'll start working out the bugs starting tomorrow .. just picked up my HC1 today! I paid just over $2000 for the camera (before extended warranty, tapes, battery & case OUCH!). I'm really excited to see what this looks like. First camcorder I've owned and I just got a new HDTV last week! The wife and I are thinking about doing some weddings to recoup the cost.
Lando,

Do you still have your HC1? Please share with us your assessment of the gear. I bought one myself but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
jgvp said:
I made a very infrequent visit to the Yorkdale Mall Friday, mainly to shop at The Apple Store, and while there I also dropped in to The Sony Store. I noted that they had the HC-1's price lowered by $300 to $2,199, with an accompanying ad' card highlighting the fact. I was rather pleasantly surprised to find that it was much smaller than I had thought it to be judging from the many photos I had seen. Experience has taught me that a camcorder is only a worthwhile purchase if it is small enough to be taken just about everywhere you go, otherwise it sits at home until vacation or special event time comes around.
I got mine from a Sony Store for that price, plus a rebate (still waiting to arrive) of $200, plus a cam bag worth $89.00.

I was happy with the deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.