Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone want to share their experiences with Sony's EX series. I will be getting the 55EX500 in the next week or 2 and would like some feedback on optimal settings, likes, dislikes, etc.

Like many others I have settled with Sony over the OB problems with their rear projection units.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I myself just bought a KDL-46EX500 today from a friend who owns his own electronics store. I got the TV + free Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray player for $899.00, so I could not pass that up. I will report back later after hook up tonight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your new purchase!

Still waiting for mine to come from Sony. I have read mostly good things about the EX500 series. Opted for mine over the EX710 because there appeared to be no difference performance wise between the Bravia 2 engine in this and the Bravia 3 engine in the LED based 710. I'll also post my impressions when i set it up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What settings did you use? Stand or wall bracket? is there a noticeable drop in brightness with off angle viewing?

My SXRD still looked good from the side but I could tell there was a drop off in screen brightness. Oh well, It's destined to be recycle very soon...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I use a stand as ive always found it to be a better fit for me. There is hardly any brightness loss at all when viewing from an angle. I thought that I would notice it more but didn't.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sony finally deilivered my 55ex500 Monday afternoon. Took 6 business days from the time they charged my credit card to delivery.

So far the picture does not disappoint. I have opted to use the stand it shipped with. 55" is huge vs. the 42" I had set up before. It's a great deal brighter than my old SXRD 50 and has more settings (i.e. sports, cinema, general, photo, etc.) i have settled on general for day-to-day viewing and use the custom and standard settings. The sport settings brightens things up considerably and I have adjusted the picture accordingly. Happy overall.

I'll post more later on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a 55ex500. Love it so far.

I have read the c610 and ex500 use the same panel so picture quality should be more or less the same.

Choose the better deal. Either would be great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sony 55'' KDL -EX500

Bought one about a month ago - no poblems works great, I just find the picture is a little dull. I say this only cause I have a 52'' 7 series samsung to compare it too. Big price difference aswell.
Works fine for my bedrrom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts