Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony Ericsson announced its most feature-rich Walkman mobile phone to date – the W760 is now available in Canada from Rogers Wireless.

A step up from the W580, this 3G slider offers new features such as SensMe which creates playlists based on your mood and tempo, and advanced Shake Control which lets you shuffle songs and adjust volume with the flick of a wrist. The W760 also cranks up the gaming experience with tilt-control gaming allowing users to control and move in-game characters by simply tilting the phone to the left or the right and dedicated A/B gaming buttons that deliver an extra amount of control and interactivity.

Other features include – built-in GPS with TeleNav offering turn-by-turn navigation, full HTML Web browsing, a 3.2 megapixel camera and an integrated media player for enjoying streamed and recorded video and music.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CNET Review of the Sony W760i
The good: The Sony Ericsson W760i has an attractive, easy-to-use design with a well-stocked, music-friendly feature set. It also offers broad world phone support, an accelerometer, and reliable performance.

The bad: The Sony Ericsson W760i's menus are the slightest bit sluggish, and some of its navigation controls were crowded. Also, it lacks a camera flash, and we're concerned about the long-term durability of its keypad buttons.

The bottom line: The Sony Ericsson W760i is the best Sony Ericsson Walkman phone we've seen, by far. It corrects one of Sony Ericsson's usual design pitfalls while offering a generous feature set and satisfying performance. We can suggest a few tweaks that should make it a winner.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Telenav

I just got the W760 thru Rogers. In the manual it says the phone comes with Wayfinder software, but that's not the case because Telenav is actually on the phone. Well, anyway, I'm not familiar with either one. From what I can gather, Telenav is a paid subscription service, is it not? Also, to use the GPS function, will I be charged for data usage by Rogers? Also, I've heard you need cellular coverage for the GPS to work, unlike a dedicated GPS device such as Garmin or Tomtom. How exactly does a mobile phone GPS work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts