Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought this Sony Home Theatre in a box last summer but only now have hooked it up for video ( since the receiver/dvd player is some 30 feet away from the TV...long story). Anyhow I hooked it up with a composite video cable and can get playback for DVD's and play MP3's from th USB port but any backed up DIVX format Movies does not show up in the playback menu when burnt on a DVD+R disc or on the USB device.

It says in the manual ( on page 6 ) that the unit can handle MPEG-4 . So basically does this mean that anything that I have as DIVX has to be converted so it can play on this system? Or does it have to be copied in a certain way or placed in a particular folder?

Anyhow, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for all the help...

turns out that that this Sony home theater system will only play MPEG-4 files that are setup as MP4 file extension. Files setup as .avi .xvid or .divx will not work.

Google "Convert AVI to MP4" to find a freeware app that will convert these files for playback on Sony players. These files will then be able to playback on either a burned data DVD or from a USB drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts