Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I walked into local Blockbuster this evening.
They had the S360 on for $99. FS has it for $149. Am I to assume this box is beginning to be cleared out to make room for the 370 ?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
They had the S360 on for $99. FS has it for $149. Am I to assume this box is beginning to be cleared out to make room for the 370 ?
The Sony BDP S370 is already on sale at various outlets including FS, however it appears to be starting off at a much higher price point in Canada ($100 more), compared to the US...which is ridiculous...but seems the norm :rolleyes:

Some of the new features are mentioned in Hugh's sticky above.

·
Registered
83 Posts
just picked the 360 up here in victoria for $99 (blockbuster)
it is sitting in the box unopened
haven't specced any gear for quite a while
i wonder if i should get the lg350 ?
not a game player
mainly concerned about how the player works, speed and upconverting especially
though i would eventually like to region-free it

also, do all players "forget" last position on discs ?
this seems to be an incredible oversight in design

can anyone point out obvious or major differences between these two players ?

also, i am thinking i would actually pay more if i could geta player that "remembers" ...do the newer players "remember" ?

also, lack of eject on remote is bit of pain on sony, sometimes you need to eject to stop a disc from doing all of it's tomfoolery

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I agree... blu-ray menuing, lack of 'remembering', slowness, and overall anti-user design reminds me of the earliest and most primitive DVD players. How the same minds that conceive improved picture and sound can think it's ok to degrade the user experience by 98% is baffling.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have a Sony 360 and also a Sony 550. I thought they both "remembered" - I just turned on the 550 now and it definitely did - I'll have to check the 360 later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts