Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
In Canada, the PS3 first went on sale on November 17, 2006 with the 20GB model priced at $549 while the 60GB version sold for $659. Due to strong demand, it was several months before many consumers could get their hands on the popular devices.

Since it first went on sale, the PS3 has gotten cheaper, slimmed down in size and gained more storage. A 320GB slim version now sells in Canada for $329, about half the price a 60GB version sold for almost five years ago.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I thought about this the other day. I got mine in April 07 and other than swapping the 60gig for a 500gig all works great still(Knock on wood) and is my fav game platform.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I was one of the "not-so-smart" people who lined up in Edmonton on the eve of the launch. Managed to get a 20 GB (with no Wifi) that day. It still works great. Updated the drive to 60GB (pulled from a laptop) 2-3 years ago.

I bought a 320GB slim model at Xmas, and we now have two in our household (one is primarily a Blu-Ray player).

Great platform, but even greater device (versatility is bar none).

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My first PS3 I resold for a quick $200 profit. I was walking in Sams Club and they literally just brought a few out so I bought it.

A couple of months later, I bought a 20GB version at regular price. Since then added a 500GB drive.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I got an 80Gb fat and a 160Gb slim, use both almost daily, almost never for video games
even with 2 ps3's I'm still accused of being a 360 ******

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty impressive figures there! It looks like the console industry is set to stay :p I remember thinking that playstations ruined the gameboy, now it's a whole new world!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Had to replace my 60 as it got the ylod (yellow light of death). I did rebuild it but it sounded like a frickin jet plane so I just got all the info off of it and got the 120 slim on launch and it has been great...except for the possibility of my personal info being compromised from some jerk who invaded to the psn...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I have a fat PS3 from back in the day. I upgraded the hard drive to 160GB or so. But since I got a 360 a couple of years ago, I hardly play on the PS3. My main use for it now is to stream video over my LAN to my PSP, using PS3 Media Server.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Pokerchip, forward me his name!!! I'd love to get my 60 back in proper running shape so I can leave it at my fiancées place and stop hauling my 120 around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts