Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting an OLED for a while, I know this is an old 2020 model that somehow Best Buy and Sony.ca still have. Just wondering if it's a good buy in 2022 or should I just save up $500 or more and buy the newer version(s) in the future?

What does the forum say? This would just be a secondary TV, probably overkill for a secondary TV but I'm curious.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been wanting an OLED for a while, I know this is an old 2020 model that somehow Best Buy and Sony.ca still have. Just wondering if it's a good buy in 2022 or should I just save up $500 or more and buy the newer version(s) in the future?

What does the forum say? This would just be a secondary TV, probably overkill for a secondary TV but I'm curious.
BestBuy has 48" LG C1 (2021) model in Market Place seller (read reviews) for $909, or in store $1299
Same screen as Sony, but may be less features/options.
Worth comparing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BestBuy has 48" LG C1 (2021) model in Market Place seller (read reviews) for $909, or in store $1299
Same screen as Sony, but may be less features/options.
Worth comparing.
One option for Open Box at $999 from a market seller. $909 is blank, no stock.

I don't buy Open Box or marketplace stuff anymore. If it was brand new in store at that price or drops to $1199, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. More returns/repacks for you guys!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don’t own the set myself but a friend has the 65” A9S and watches a variety of content and loves it. When I saw it at his house it looks pretty good and while brightness won’t be quite as good as new models it’s pretty solid for sure and if you dim the lights or watch in a dark room anyway you won’t have any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts