Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like this is a real hit this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waste of money buying a 4K when there is almost no 4K content. All TV is still broadcast in fake HD 720p. Real HD is 1080p. Netflix has almost no 4K. Their only 4K content is produced by Netflix only. Movie studios still only allow 1080p on Netflix. Apple is a little better, they have 4k with Dolby Vision & Atmos. Streaming 4K is not same as bluray 4K.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Waste of money buying a 4K when there is almost no 4K content. All TV is still broadcast in fake HD 720p. Real HD is 1080p. Netflix has almost no 4K. Their only 4K content is produced by Netflix only. Movie studios still only allow 1080p on Netflix. Apple is a little better, they have 4k with Dolby Vision & Atmos. Streaming 4K is not same as bluray 4K.
Let me know when you can find a 77" 1080P TV for a good price and I'll look into it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Waste of money buying a 4K when there is almost no 4K content. <rest deleted>
What choice is there? There's almost no non-4K sets especially in the larger screen sizes. And what do you mean by "almost no 4K content"? Aside from streaming which does offer 4K there's lots of 4K Blurays. Those discs make you appreciate 4K/HDR etc. better than any other source.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Telus has 3 HDR 4k channels, several 4k sports channels, Love Nature 4k as well as some of the Stingray (music video and nature channels) are 4k, one of the NASA channels is in 4k, of course the movie on demand offers some in 4k, and there may be a few others that I can't think of right now. If you get a 4k Telus Optic box you can go on youtube and watch videos on there up to 4k (I assume it won't do higher than that even though there are 8k videos on youtube). I assume also that at least some of the other providers would have 4k available, but I don't know which channels they offer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Telus has 3 HDR 4k channels, several 4k sports channels, Love Nature 4k as well as some of the Stingray (music video and nature channels) are 4k, one of the NASA channels is in 4k, of course the movie on demand offers some in 4k, and there may be a few others that I can't think of right now. If you get a 4k Telus Optic box you can go on youtube and watch videos on there up to 4k (I assume it won't do higher than that even though there are 8k videos on youtube). I assume also that at least some of the other providers would have 4k available, but I don't know which channels they offer.
You don't need a box to watch 4k on youtube. you only need a 4k display. All recent tv have the youtube and netflix apps built in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts