Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading forums for hours with no luck finding posts with this issue, so im starting a new thread.

I just bought a Rogers Explorer 500GB HD-PVR Receiver 8642 and Im having an issue.

Some of the HD Channels work great and are nice and clear and run smooth, however several of the dont really work at all and are unwatchable, they keep breaking up and pixalating video and audio.

Im thinking its an issue with the Rogers service, since its only some channels, and not an issue with the box.

Anyone else had issues like this

here is a list of some of the good and bad channels

good
------
CTVHD
CTYHD
GLOHD
ALL Sportsnet
TSNHD

bad
------
ABCHD
FOXWHD
CBSWHD
CBSHD
Discovery World
HDNET
A&E

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update: ran a new cable and its better on some channels, there was 11 bad channels now there are only 3. Rogers is coming out later this week.

thanks again for the quick response hugh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have similar problems with some good picture quality channels and some poor. The poor ones have level = -12, S/N = 33. The good ones have level = +2, S/N = 38.

Over the past year or so, Rogers has come and replaced the cable outside the house, and inside as well, and replaced splitters, but the problem persists.

I would like to get Rogers to come again for a service call.

Two questions:

1) Are the specs above (level = -12, S/N = 33) poor enough to warrant a service call? I guess if I'm unhappy with the PQ then that should be enough, but just wondering about those specs.

2) What other things can they "fix" other than the cable and splitters?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts