1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We went to see in theater. We very much enjoyed the movie.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watched Social Network last night. Much better than I expected. Only downside was the PS3 updates that had to be done to the machine before i was able to watch the movie (two reboots later i was good to go).

One couldn't help but to root for Eduardo

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I don't get it. The hype and accolades I mean.

It isn't a bad movie, but it isn't a great movie either.

I'd rank Black Swan and True Grit way above The Social Network.

*Edit* - Oh yeah, Inception too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Town

Another overlooked gem this year was "The Town" -- didn't even make the Oscar list. I would put it with Black Swan and True Grit as the best three films of the year.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't get it. The hype and accolades I mean.

It isn't a bad movie, but it isn't a great movie either.

I'd rank Black Swan and True Grit way above The Social Network.

*Edit* - Oh yeah, Inception too.
Same here. It was interesting to see how FaceBook originated, but as far as being great cinema, I just don't get it. Is it just because everyone seems to currently be obsessed with FaceBook?

Also, I'd read the book before seeing the movie, and the screenplay didn't seem much different at all, so I don't see where all the Sorkin praise is coming from either? And a best actor nomination??

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
^I agree and because the Oscars and voters want to look cool and hip I bet the Social Network will win Best Picture which is a total joke.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Watched it this past weekend and I thought it was a fantastic movie. The script really shines. It will certainly win a few well deserved Oscars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts