Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I might be reading this wrong, but I went on uefa's website. It seems like the Champions league and the Europa League are no longer being packaged together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep starting this year they're in different packages. Champions League and Super Cup in one, and Europa League and Europa Conference in the other.

DAZN has the Super Cup scheduled on Wednesday which should mean they have it however there hasn't been anything official from them and the UEFA site hasn't updated Canada's rights yet. I'm guessing we'll find out for sure early this next week.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
FuboTV Canada just announced exclusive rights for Seire A and Coppa Italia. TLN will have the games in Italian,

·
Registered
537 Posts
FuboTV Canada just announced exclusive rights for Seire A and Coppa Italia. TLN will have the games in Italian,
that's interesting. I was looking at my guide, and it looks like TLN has one hour for Serie A on Saturday and Sunday evening (17:30 ET) so I am guessing those are highlight shows?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
that's interesting. I was looking at my guide, and it looks like TLN has one hour for Serie A on Saturday and Sunday evening (17:30 ET) so I am guessing those are highlight shows?
TLN will have 3 games on weekends in Italian language (not available through RAI international).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can someone here help explain this to me....

So Rai ended up losing the rights to Serie A soccer to Paramount/CBS in the states.

How can an american TV company steal the rights away from an Italian TV Company?

I know that the version of RAI we have here in Canada is an international version which different than what they see in Italy but why is Rai International in direct composition with North American TV channels for sports rights?

And better yet, why does CBS's acquisition have an effect on Italian soccer games here in Canada? And what affect did this have on DAZN? Did Dazn have no choice but to give up the rights after CBS won them, or could they have still retained the rights.

PS: I know i can still watch games on TLN and FUBO TV

·
Registered
69 Posts
CBS didn't steal the rights away from Rai. Sports rights have a set period of time and when it's closer to the end media companies can bid on them and this time CBS bid higher than what Rai was bidding and got the rights, or Rai just didn't want to show it anymore and didn't bid possibly.

Sports rights are generally sold individually for each country or sometimes per region, Rai either got outbid or didn't want them anymore.

CBS getting the rights in the US had no effect on the Canadian rights, DAZN either didn't bid enough to win the rights for the next few years or decided not to get them at all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great news.

I believe TSN is airing the USA/Canada game on sunday

SN must have paid an arm and a leg to get/share those rights with Onesoccer

Made no sense to lose the rights anyways. TSN and Sportsnet are run by multi-billion dollar companies. Are you telling me that couldn't outbid onesoccer.com.

I know that Canada's soccer program has been crap the last 35 years, but still.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Couldn't find any financial information on media pro before i posted the above post. But Rogers and Bell Still have more money than Mediapro

who cares now, canadian soccer is back on tv

heh 1-1 at home vs Honduras. Somethings unfortunately never change.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
OneSoccer is now on Fubo. For the same annual fee that OneSoccer is charging you can also get Serie A, Ligue 1, Copa Libertadores, Turkish Super Lig, Benfica home matches and more on Fubo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
It looks like Bein Sports Canada is showing Canadian PL now. Fubo has Bein Sports Canada live channel and now one soccer as it's mentioned above. For 8.99 per month (annual subscription required), not a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The Bein progam schedule says "The Island Games" which were last year, but it also says Valour vs. Edmonton which is being played tonight. I'd be interested in knowing if Onesoccer is sharing live CPL games with Bein.
It looks like Bein Sports Canada is showing Canadian PL now. Fubo has Bein Sports Canada live channel and now one soccer as it's mentioned above. For 8.99 per month (annual subscription required), not a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great news.

I believe TSN is airing the USA/Canada game on sunday

SN must have paid an arm and a leg to get/share those rights with Onesoccer

Made no sense to lose the rights anyways. TSN and Sportsnet are run by multi-billion dollar companies. Are you telling me that couldn't outbid onesoccer.com.

I know that Canada's soccer program has been crap the last 35 years, but still.
I believe you meant TSN, not SN, did you not? The game that you watched last Sunday was an away game of Canada National Team. OneSoccer never holds that right. OneSoccer only owns the right of Canada's home games. As for outbidding OneSoccer, sure TSN may have the money. But is it worth it with the viewership that the team pulls?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm pretty sure when one soccer won the rights to air Canada's Men games they won the rights to both home and road.

As I said before, I know Canada's men's team has been crap the last 35 years, but still.....It's qualifying for the biggest sports tournament in the world.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
161 - 180 of 200 Posts