Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
It'll be interesting to see who's going to get it, if TSN or SN will jump back in or DAZN is happy to keep it. Not sure if Onesoccer has enough money to invest.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Apparently Disney (ESPN) bought LA LIGA TV rights for USA starting August 2021, even though BEIN Sports had the deal until 2024! ESPN will announce it shortly. Wonder what it means for Canada. Can't see BEIN surviving in North America with just French league.

Existing/Frustrating summer for Canadian TV rights:

• Serie A
  • UEFA Champions League
  • La Liga (maybe)
  • MLS (TSN deal is until 2021 so maybe something new in December )
  • FA Cup
  • German (Bundesliga)

·
Registered
59 Posts
An official press release confirms that TSN and RDS will carry LaLiga.

"The deal also includes rights for Canada. TSN and RDS, Canada’s leading sports networks, will deliver comprehensive coverage of LaLiga matches, highlights, and news to Canadian viewers through multiple platforms, including live streaming on TSN.ca, RDS.ca, and the TSN and RDS apps."

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That's good news for TSN subscribers.

What will BeIN do without their crown jewel? Maybe they'll bid for Premier league rights in the US when the NBC deal ends after next season. If they want to stay a premium subscription service they'll need something big. From signals in their press release maybe they'll shutdown and focus on beIN SPORTS XTRA.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Might be a little late but the UEFA Champions league final in on for free on CBS

Would be nice to know what that status of Champions league soccer on Canadian TV is for next season

·
Registered
660 Posts
AFC confirms exclusive media rights deal with CBS Sports

Paramount+ will stream exclusive coverage of the AFC’s world-class competitions including the AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar Final Round, AFC Champions League, AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023.

Paramount+ will deliver club and national team matches live between 2021 and 2024, including coverage of the AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar Final Round, where Asia’s top 12 nations will compete to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting, I think this is their first sports rights in Canada for Paramount+. I wonder if they're entering the market and are a possibility for Uefa Champions League and Serie A since they have it in America.

·
Super Moderator
18,114 Posts
CTV and TSN are Canada’s home for every match of UEFA EURO 2020, airing June 11–July 11. The networks’ complete broadcast schedule is available here. (Press Release)

----

TSN delivers complete coverage of the 47th COPA AMERICA, taking place live from Brazil from Sunday, June 13 at 5 p.m. ET through to the final on Saturday, July 10. For the network’s complete broadcast schedule, click here. (Press Release)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I guess TSN only cares about broadcasting in 4K when they are producing it themselves.

Don't want to pay those Bell internet data overage fees for sending and receiving a 4K stream.

·
Super Moderator
18,114 Posts
I couldn't find Copa America on TSN through Zap2it, but I did see it on FOX on Sundays. RDS has French coverage and there is some on Univision.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Univision Canada will have the Copa America in Spanish. TSN's Euro coverage won't conflict, so I assume they'll add it to their schedule soon.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
my dad still subscribes to conventional cable so he will def be watching the euro's this Friday on TSN.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
You can keep checking these documents from UEFA website:

121 - 140 of 147 Posts