Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,114 Posts
The Italian, Spanish and Portuguese language coverage of the European Qualifiers to the FIFA World Cup 2022 will be broadcast nationally across TLN TV, Mediaset Italia, and Univision Canada starting March 24th, 2021. (TLN.ca)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The Italian, Spanish and Portuguese language coverage of the European Qualifiers to the FIFA World Cup 2022 will be broadcast nationally across TLN TV, Mediaset Italia, and Univision Canada starting March 24th, 2021. (TLN.ca)
Are TSN, Sportsnet picking up English feeds, or have they all but given up on soccer?

·
Super Moderator
18,114 Posts
I don't have any info beyond what's in the press releases. If I see anything from TSN or Sportsnet, I'll post it here. I don't check DAZN's press releases, but I know they bought up a lot of soccer rights.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I cant find anything about next week's World Cup qualifying games. Maybe FIFA online streaming like UEFA.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
eufa.tv it is then, that's free - that would be the English. I'm not sure which language TLN has ... Italian? Spanish? Both?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anybody on here know that status of the UEFA Champions league rights for next season?

I believe DAZN's 3 year deal is up this year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anybody on here know that status of the UEFA Champions league rights for next season?

I believe DAZN's 3 year deal is up this year.
May not be the right thread for this, but is DAZN going to be able to keep this up? I've looked at it a couple of times, but I don't know anyone who subscribes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
May not be the right thread for this, but is DAZN going to be able to keep this up? I've looked at it a couple of times, but I don't know anyone who subscribes.
I don't think soccer rights even top ones like Champions League or EPL are expensive in Canada. Full NFL rights would be DAZN's most expensive rights but they fully sub-licensed them out. While they don't have anywhere near as many subscribers as TSN or Sportsnet I think its safe to say they have more than Bein Sports or OneSoccer.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Are this weeks WC qualifying matches on anywhere in Canada?
Canada's WC qualifying matches are on One Soccer. The English-language rights for the UEFA ones were not sold, so are all free on uefa.tv!

I'd assume the remaining North American ones are on CONCACAF's website.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
It doesn't look like all the matches will be shown on uefa tv this time. Only a few matches are listed.
Hmm ... that's odd. I guess I didn't look close enough.

On the first day, they only have the France/Ukraine game ... and TLN only is listing the Portugal game. So where are all the rest? DAZN has nothing. BEin has African cup qualifying.

I can't think who else might have it ... nothing else showing up in the TV listings. And UEFA and TLN are the only ones listed at Where to watch European Qualifiers for the World Cup

Does TLN have some kind of streaming service? Doesn't look like it, according to their website, they only list 3 Portugal cames and 3 Italy games (though mention Spain)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Concacaf Champions League moves from TSN to OneSoccer.
Toronto FC games: LEG 1 - April 7, LEG 2 - April 14.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Anyone know if TSN will be showing the Euros? I know they were scheduled to last summer before the world ended, but I haven't seen any ads for it for this summer

101 - 120 of 147 Posts