Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
The phase 2 of MLS return to 2020 regular season started this weekend with each team plays additional three matches. For Canadian-based teams, this means that they will go to the United States and play all their matches there. Even one match that they have at 'home' will be played on neutral pitch, in the U.S.

I am rather disappointed that TSN will not air all three of Montreal Impact matches in this phase at all.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I am rather disappointed that TSN will not air all three of Montreal Impact matches in this phase at all.
It's just tonight's match that won't be on TSN. They're definitely not going bump the Patriots-Seahawks game, but they could show it instead of baseball on TSN2. It's a little surprising that they won't stream the Impact match.

·
Registered
889 Posts
There are four channels carrying NE @ SEA game, on top of CTV2. Are you seriously arguing that TSN/Bell can not spare just one channel?

In addition, it is not just tonight. Check your listings. The matches on 23 and 27 September are also not on TSN while those involving Vancouver and Toronto already are.

·
Registered
998 Posts
There are four channels carrying NE @ SEA game, on top of CTV2. Are you seriously arguing that TSN/Bell can not spare just one channel?
There are enough people who don't get all the TSN's or CTV2 that they won't bump that game (or probably any NFL game) for the Impact. I addressed TSN2 and streaming above.

In addition, it is not just tonight. Check your listings. The matches on 23 and 27 September are also not on TSN while those involving Vancouver and Toronto already are.
I'm just going by what is on the Impact site: Calendar

·
Registered
889 Posts
There are enough people who don't get all the TSN's or CTV2 that they won't bump that game (or probably any NFL game) for the Impact. I addressed TSN2 and streaming above.
That argument does not hold water as next Sunday (27/09) TSN will only carry NFL on two channels. They will also carry Toronto FC and Whitecaps matches, but no Impact.
I'm just going by what is on the Impact site: Calendar
And I am going by what TSN has planned: 2020 MLS on TSN Schedule.

·
Registered
998 Posts
That argument does not hold water as next Sunday (27/09) TSN will only carry NFL on two channels. They will also carry Toronto FC and Whitecaps matches, but no Impact.
The big difference there is that there is no CTV2 station in the Montreal market. Also since Toronto FC and the Whitecaps get bigger audiences for TSN they're more motivated to do their own production. Does TSN show Impact away matches without their own announcers?

·
Registered
998 Posts
That's disappointing for the Impact's English fans. I didn't realize that they haven't had English TV for all their games. TSN probably pays per game and are trying to save some money, particularly in a crowded schedule while the big 4 North American sports are all going on.

Does DAZN show the Impact when TSN doesn't?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Sporstnet is home of Bundesliga for one more season. so far big games are on main channels.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts