Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
- Canada Women's and Men's national team home games

That doesn't include world cup qualifying does it?
Might be too early to tell. Men's qualifying doesn't start until late end of August 2020. Though they seem to have implied that.

Does anyone know if EPL games on NBC be blacked out in canada now that Dazn has EPL rights?
I can't recall any terrestrial US TV broadcast every being blacked out in Canada - only simsubbed. I don't think there is any provision to let that happen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't know the epl was already starting up next week (kinda early).

I checked the guide on my tv and there was a game listed on NBC for Saturday morning, do it doesn't look like Canadian EPL fans (without dan) are totally shut out

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I didn't know the epl was already starting up next week (kinda early).
Always seems early - but this is the 5th year now since they moved the start date back from the 3rd weekend in August to the 2nd weekend ...

Doesn't feel like August already though ... :)

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Onesoccer is a new soccer streaming service mainly for Canadian Premier League but they are slowly adding more leagues:

- Canadian Premier League
- Canadian Championship
- Canada Women's and Men's national team home games
- Chinese Super League (CSL)
- Mexican League (Liga MX)

5.99 for one day, 9.99 Per month or 74.99 per year.

It looks like they have a lot of studio shows which is pretty cool.
They added OneSoccer to Roku yesterday.

Just in time to watch the Toronto FC-Ottawa Fury Voyageurs Cup game.

And it looked pretty good quality wise. Though it would be nice if they had a colour commentator, rather than just one person calling the game. Caught some of the Montreal-Calgary game as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,406 Posts
TSN announced today the network will deliver every NATIONAL WOMEN’S SOCCER LEAGUE (NWSL) match through to the NWSL CHAMPIONSHIP (Oct. 27) across TSN’s digital platforms, beginning with Orlando Pride taking on the Utah Royals tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 17 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Select games will also be available for television viewing, beginning on Sunday, Aug. 18 at 1 p.m. ET as Sky Blue faces Reign FC on TSN5 in addition to TSN.ca and the TSN app. A complete schedule is available at:

https://www.tsn.ca/nwsl-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1351952

·
Registered
632 Posts
If TSN actually cared about the NWSL, they would've broadcast the whole season. All they're doing is grabbing the same games ESPN is broadcasting. Minimal effort.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The non-ESPN games do stream online on the NWSL site (and have done so since the previous NWSL+Lifetime partnership a few seasons ago). The NWSL only had a TV deal this late in the season because Lifetime suddenly dropped them.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mediapro has secured the media rights in Canada to the 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League, the new three-tier men’s national team competition involving all 41 Concacaf (North and Central America and the Caribbean) Member Associations. The 102 group stage matches, including Canada Soccer’s Men’s National Team’s two home and two away matches, as well as the Final Championship (two semi-finals, the 3rd place match and the Final), will be aired on OneSoccer, the 24/7 digital platform devoted to delivering world-class dedicated Canadian soccer coverage and content. All Canada games will be enhanced by live studio pre-, half-time and post-match shows, together with interviews, features and other content.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Onesoccer:

USA vs. Canada next week will be free to watch online and on cable.

Rogers: Ignite CH 499 and more
Bell: Fibe CH 994 and ...
Telus: 977

Onesoccer.ca

·
Super Moderator
16,406 Posts
CBS has won the rights to air UEFA Champions League soccer beginning in 2021. The package includes more than 400 matches a year, spanning nine months out of the year. All matches will stream live on CBS All Access, with select matches airing on the CBS broadcast network. CBS is “finalizing contracts” and plans to release more information in the coming weeks. (Deadline)

I suspect the CBS All Access rights will be U.S. only, but Canadians will be able to watch some games on CBS stations.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I've been following that pretty closely, it's funny how there is still one more year left with TNT for the games. I wonder if TSN or sportsnet will try to get it back.

·
Super Moderator
16,406 Posts
ABC and ESPN Present UEFA European Football Championship 2020 - ABC will broadcast five matches on network TV, including the second match on Saturday, June 13. See the press release for all 5 matches.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't see Bell Media putting any games on CTV to counterprogram the ABC ones, especially seeing as simsubbing won't be possible.

·
Registered
850 Posts
CBS has won the rights to air UEFA Champions League soccer beginning in 2021. The package includes more than 400 matches a year, spanning nine months out of the year. All matches will stream live on CBS All Access, with select matches airing on the CBS broadcast network. CBS is “finalizing contracts” and plans to release more information in the coming weeks. (Deadline)
Hey, if the knockout phase is aired on CBS, I will be happy. Have been missing UEFA Champions League since DAZN took the rights from TSN.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts