Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think they split up the rights based on the location of the games. I don't know many leagues that do this anymore

·
Registered
69 Posts
Each countries' soccer federation owns their home games broadcast rights in CONCACAF. Mediapro's agreement with Canada soccer was only for their home games. Any away games they negotiated with the other country's broadcast rights holders. Broadcasters in other countries have to make deals with Mediapro for Canada home games.

The rights also include all media rights for all home games of Canada Soccer’s Men’s and Women’s National Teams.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
this doesn't prove anything
I posted a screen shot from OneSoccer saying that they only carried Canadian men's home games - and proving you wrong that it carried both home and away games - and you wrote that it did not prove anything? LMFAO. Show me your evidence that OneSoccer carries both home and away games them.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
OneSoccer acquired the rights to 13 of Canada's 14 World Cup Qualifying games. In the past each soccer federation has sold the broadcast rights to their home games at home and internationally, but this cycle the international rights for all but the USA and Mexico home games were sold together. TSN only bought the USA home game.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
sucks how soccer is being split up on so many different platforms these days.
There are pluses and minuses.
You can get almost every elite competition except for Spain and Germany with DAZN and Fubo for much cheaper than a cable subscription. And unlike the old days with cable you can get all the matches.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I posted a screen shot from OneSoccer saying that they only carried Canadian men's home games - and proving you wrong that it carried both home and away games - and you wrote that it did not prove anything? LMFAO. Show me your evidence that OneSoccer carries both home and away games them.
This is 2021. I'm going to continue always try to win the argument even if i'm factually wrong.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There will be three CCL games this Wednesday (22/09). All games will be streamed on OneSoccer.

Montreal @ Halifax 17:00 ET
York @ Toronto 18:30 ET
Pacific @ Calgary 20:00 ET

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
TVA Sports video and TSN 690 audio or DAZN 48 hours after the final whistle. There is no legal way to get the live Ohio sports channel broadcast of the Columbus match, for example.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
OneSoccer is now on Telus Optik.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts