Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new season kicked off last night, at least the competitive part. The quality of dancing seems to be top drawer this year, and the change in format to using "all-stars" from previous seasons raises the bar even more. Alex Wong's routine last night was sublime.

I came across this show in season 2 and have been hooked since. I really can't take Dancing with the Stars as B-list celebrities struggle through tame choreography. SYTYCD has always impressed me because they are real dancers performing interesting routines by professional choreographers, and being judged, sometimes with harsh honesty, by real dancers and choreographers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My wife has been watching the show (and the Canadian version) since it began. I waved it off - we rarely have the same taste in TV.

But I started it watching it and I think it's a great show. There is some cheese and some hyperbole, but in the end there are talented dancers choreographed by pros with judges who often give actual criticism.

I can't believe Dancing with the Stars gets higher ratings... sad.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, with Alex and Billy the standard is pretty high already. I think tap-girl may be next to go. She doesn't really fit the show very well and seemed out of her league.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts