Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have the 8300 box, and have been having annoying audio video drop outs. They only last a second or two, but happen all the time.

In the diagnostics screen my level is 15 dBmV. I see NO negative in front of it.

S/N is 36dB.

I have higher ups at Rogers sending more techs, since the first one that came plugged a meter into each coaxial and then left to change a wire. (Which I doubt)

With those two numbers, see anything suspicious I should point out to the level 2 techs? The tech that first showed, didnt think he needed to access the diagnostics screen on either pvr.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
If the 15 is positive, you have too strong a signal and you need to remove the amp which must be there somewhere, or put in an attenuator (some people use a splitter or splitters) to bring down the signal strength. If you do a search of the various Rogers forums using "attenuat*", you should be able to find a previous thread or two discussing high signal strength.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that be what is causing my audio video drop outs, or better described as stutter. I have recording where it did it 8 times while I watched it live, and the stutters or drop outs were in the same spots in the recording.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts