Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not a big user of my cell phone (I make ~ one call every 2 weeks). Because of this, I used Rogers pay-as-you-go service along with their $10 auto-saver option for years (was the cheapest option I could find). Over time I built a balance on my phone that grew to well over $200.00.

In Oct, I decided to buy a smartphone thinking I would simply use it when I found a Wi-Fi hot spot. A bit of luck, made me realize that pay-as-you-go mobile browing was available from Rogers as shown @ http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons With this, I often use a $2/day 20MB data day pass, but my balance is now slowly going down.

I am curious to know if there are any providers out there that offer similar services that do not have such short usage periods. Specifically, I am looking for a data plan with cell phone on the cheap. Keep in mind that right now, for $10.00 a month, I get a cell phone and a data plan with its bandwidth limits and more importantly, its time limits.

I am always looking to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Telus has the Data Lite 10 plan which is $10/month for 100MB. I don't think Rogers has a comparable lite monthly data plan, they seem to push their day pass or week pass options. Would like to know myself if there is another option since I use the day pass often as well, but would prefer something like what Telus is offering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts