Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on this one day and was curious so I installed it, seemed pretty straight forward to get setup and start using.

Supports OTA TV tuner cards, and Satellite Tuner cards.

Noticed a few flakey issues initially with OTA and after having some contact with the the author was able to get it going on both my OTA Tuner, and my Sat Tuner. If anyone is interested, u can download / install this latest public version 1.5 from the SmartDVB Webpage.

Ever since, been helping the author of this program beta test the next version. Mainly helping to get North American OTA to work reliably.
Since he's in Europe and doesn't have direct access to North American
OTA broadcasts, etc.

Some improvements forthcoming in the next version, including parsing of EIT info for building a usable Guide from the OTA stream (V 1.5 doesn't support that). Just thought I'd mention in case someone else around here has some time and wants to play around with ATSC on their Card/platform. More tuner cards tested the better.

A real plus for this software from what I've seen so far, is it's the only software I've used on my run of the mill Laptop that doesn't flat line the CPU at 100% when tuned to H.264 HD Satellite programs. Can actually watch em.

The author seems very enthusiastic and responsive to issues/questions.
I think I saw a link where ya can request to be a beta tester. Though that's not how I stumbled on this.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the author has made SmartDVB2.0 available.
This is the version I was helping him debug to get
North American ATSC working. Give it a whirl sometime,
it's very simple to use/configure, and it's free...

http://www.smartdvb.net/smartdvb/index.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts