Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Gingerbread (3.0) will not require a 4 inch screen, don't know where you got that. The Nexus One is the official Android dev phone and it doesn't have a 4 inch screen.

The Droid X isn't available in Canada and cannot be imported as it's a CDMA phone.

Android is definitely the popular subject right now, but for your uses a Blackberry might fit your needs too. I don't think you need anything as expensive as the ones you listed, a Blackberry Curve/Pearl or HTC Legend would probably do the trick.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
OP, in order to answer your question properly we need to know which carrier you wish to use and whether you're comfortable with a three year contract.

To elaborate on my earlier point, most people on a forum like this will recommend the top tier phones like the Vibrant or the Desire because the kind of people who come to forums like these are the kind who want the latest and greatest. While there is no question that these are fantastic devices, there are plenty of mid-range devices that would seem to cover your needs; entry level smartphones for moderate use. The Blackberry Curve and Pearl, the Nokia E72, Palm Pre, and the HTC Legend all fit that mold.

If you really want the latest and greatest (and to be honest if you're signing a 3-year contract anyway the difference in cost is minor) then the HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S series (the Vibrant on Bell/Virgin or the upcoming Captivate on Rogers and Apollo on Telus), or iPhone 4 are all good choices.

Android seems to be the new hottest topic in phones and both the Desire and the Galaxy S series seem like safe bets for Android 3.0. The key differences between the two are the size (do you like the bigger screen?) and which UI skin you prefer. While I find the screen to be beautiful on the Galaxy S series, I don't like the TouchWiz UI on them and prefer the HTC Sense UI on the Desire and Legend, but that's my personal preference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.