Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Don't know if anyone has this problem (or noticed it since it is minor), but lately I've been noticing little white dots on some channels that are random. Channels I have noticed on a regular basis are: 361, 520, 521 and 522. It isn't happening on every channel, so I was wondering if it is some sort of minor interference with a transponder(s) perhaps? I thought maybe it was a bad cable at first, so I switched my cables out. I have the SD and HD receivers, and it is happening on all of them, and i have 4 different locations with satellite throughout the house. So, I think receiver and cabling is out of the question. I wonder if my dish/lnb could have anything to do with it, or if I am getting interference in my location?

I often notice it on Monday's during Intervention on A&E...anything that has a background that doesn't change too quickly is when I notice the white specs.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this, or if it is a problem I am having alone...

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes - I've experienced them as well. Only since I installed a new 630. I've notice it only on certain SD channels. Mostly on 581 - MuchMore Music, when music videos are being played. I put it down to the 630.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I'm not an SD customer but perhaps you have some digital artifacts from an extra heaping of MPEG compression?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've seen this twice since I got my 630, also on SD channels (MuchMore was one of them I think). I thought I was crazy, but I guess not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts