Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samasung 46" and when i press the start button on the remote i am able to hear the melody ( when tv starts ) but it will take sometime 10 -15 seconds and after that the tv will come up.Can you please let me know why is doing that or if this it's a major think.I have the tv for over three years but start doing this almost two weeks ago.Please guys help me with this if you know. Many thanks.

Sorinel,

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
What type of television is it?

·
Super Moderator
56,559 Posts
Some TVs have User Menu options for "energy saver" or the opposite - "quick start". In quick start, some electricity is kept going through some of the circuits to keep them warm when the TV is in standby (off) for a quicker start when turned back on. This is usually on the order of 10-20 Watts depending on the TV. Many newer TVs have a more economical mode where only about 1 Watt is used in standby (off), just to be able to see the IR signal for starting the TV, but the TV takes a few seconds longer to start.

Most people don't mind having their TVs take a few seconds to "warm up", especially if it saves some energy.

Perhaps you changed a setting a few weeks ago, or perhaps the TV was reset or powered down causing a reset?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts