1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
954 Posts
Very nice. I own a SlingCatcher, which is no longer sold anywhere, as Echostar bought out SlingMedia a few years ago and now incorporate TV placeshifting into their DishNetwork satellite boxes in the States (I don't think anything like that is available here yet).

But this device can not only stream content from your PC, but can placeshift your satellite / cable boxes or your DVD player to another TV, effictivively combining two devices into one. Yet more integration of devices! One day everything will be integrated into a TV and we won't need any components on our shelves.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Same here. I own and host several Slingboxes and also have access to some overseas. I love my Slingcatcher, but it is not without its own share of bugs. I'm tempted to try a Boxee to see how it behaves or just to sling from other TVs.

I can't wait for it to be available on the PS3...This was shown at CES several years ago but never materialized...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely. I'm hopeful that Sling will develop apps for other media extenders such as the WDTV devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts