Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Slingbox PRO-HD Model SB300-140.

I am having major issues with video playback on my local area network. The picture is constantly freezing and optimizing. I have to go below 500kb for the smoothest playback and even then it still freezes and stutters quite a bit.

I have sling player installed on an HP Media Centre PC (Specs below)
-Windows Vista 64 bit
-4GB RAM
-500GB Hard Drive (Well over 200GB free)
-Intel Quad Core Processor at 2.8GHz

I have a linksys 10/100/1000 router and the PC in questiion has a gigabit ethernet connection to the router.

I can't see my PC's hardware being the problem as it exceeds the minimum requirements by quite a bit and my LAN should be more then sufficient for HD playback. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening here?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just to confirm, is the Slingbox connected to your network via Ethernet? Or wireless / sling turbo unit?

I have a Slingbox Pro HD on my network using a wireless bridge (g/b) and can usually stream HD to my local computers with no issues.

Only other thing I can think of right now is do you have a bittorent client running on any local computers? I've had network issues resolve themselves after closing down the bittorrent client, even if it wasn't actively downloading at the time...

edit: Thought of one more: Not sure if the slingplayer software will let you know if the latest firmware is running on the slingbox but you might want to confirm that. Mine is running 1.4.60

1 - 4 of 4 Posts