Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello first time poster and a new member looking for some answers,

okay here is the deal I have a Toshiba REGZA 42RV530U all calibrated and such and I sometimes notice slight lines on the screen where the black black bars on SD channels seem to be placed that I didn't really notice, I do watch some SDTV seeing as I don't have Spike on HD and also Jon stewart on comedy etc, but I also use my PS3 and watch the HD channels of course now I am wondering is this part of the TVs design or do I need to adjust a setting or 2?

Thx for taking the time to answear my question.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

If it is on some channels and not others ... it is the source material. TVs are not smart enough to be broken on some programs and not others.

regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems logical but I can't get over the feeling that it is some sort of "screen burn" even though LCD TVs are not supposed to be susceptible to the sort, maybe it is just me being overly protective of my TV

THX for the info

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that I have a Sony HTSF2300 and it seems that when I turn it on and the TV(without the cable box) I can see the black lines(just really noticed it) where the 4:3 display is, is this part of the HT system and if so how do I get rid of the black lines

thx again for answering my questoin

·
Registered
620 Posts
This may be what your problem is.
Most Hd TVs have an option called 'just scan', at least that's what it's called on my TV. This setting gives no overscan and is said to give the best picture but does give some interference on some SD shows. I sometimes get it at the top of my screen but I live with it. Your TV is probably set at this aspect ratio. Try the 16x9 setting or a stretch mode for 4x3 shows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts