Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this is the game running on the 360 -not on PC!

I might have to take a week off work part way through November...

·
Registered
303 Posts
If that is the 360 then the computer version is going to be remarkable. The quality in the trailer was so much better than Oblivion on my computer, and I upgraded to the latest and greatest CPU and video card of the time just to play Oblivion at full settings.

The game itself looks amazing. They have incorporated everything I thought was missing from Oblivion - namely dragons. The setting of Skyrim is outstanding. I will have to recreate my Nord from Oblivion to play through the new one.

I can't believe I am going to have a 1 month old when it is released. There will be little game play time for me. I only hope my wife doesn't make me choose between the two - the baby will lose. :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have a feeling it is going to be one of the games if the year. Will be playing on PC for sure:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Really looking forward to this (on the PS3). So much so in fact that I'll be playing Oblivion as a warm up. I played it long ago on the PC and never finished it. I'll miss playing with all of the great mods, but I do aim to finish it before Skyrim is released.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the odds that this guy makes it to Skyrim?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I had Oblivion for the PS3 and while I loved it, the leveling system was just game breaking for me. I'll give it another go on the PC where I can fix it before Skyrim. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A large game play demo has been released. I'm not going to watch it, but I know most people aren't as weird as I am about game previews...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this as well. I'm torn though whether I buy the PC version or the 360 version. The previous titles I have owned only on the 360, but my PC is now beefier than before and I've been thinking the graphics would be better on the PC. So I'm leaning towards the PC title. If the PC version allows me to play with the gamepad, I'll be guaranteed to get that version.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would have preferred another release date.

In Ottawa, retailers are closed until 12:30 because it is Remembrance Day. :(

I was going to take the release day off.

I would order online but there risk of not getting delivery in the morning is high.

C'est la vie. I guess I will go to work for the morning.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's be honest with ourselves. This is a Bethesda game. It likely won't be safe to invest much time in until the first patch comes out anyway. I'm going to try and hold out playing it until that happens... unless by some miracle the BethSoft forums aren't filled with bug reports within hours of the game's release.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After Fallout 3 & New Vegas - I'm willing to wait a few weeks for some bugs to get fixed.

Still need to finish the main quest in Oblivion anyway. Put so many hours into that game but have always got sidetracked with the numerous side quests and guild quests that the main quest never seems to get done.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I really wanted to pick up Oblivion for the PC and play it again without the atrocious leveling system before Skyrim but it's not looking good. I am playing Deus Ex still and have Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles 2 and Dark Souls between now and November.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, I play Dragon Age 2 on the PS3 and Mass Effect 2 on the 360, and both are a little chunky at parts, so it tells me the current console HW can't quite handle some of these games perfectly. Unless these guys are working miracles, I think the best bet is to play on PC.

Unfortunately for me, my PC is about the age of the last Elder Scrolls game... :(

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to say that I'm worried a bit about pre-ordering Skyrim for the 360 now. I'm worried that the audio will have been super compressed to make the game fit on one 360 disc.

If the PS3 version comes out with 7.1 LPCM audio I'll be kicking myself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ahhh interesting. Well I guess it goes along with the HW limitations of the 360. I'd much rather have a smooth playing game than a better looking one. Of course you can get both with the PC version and beefy enough HW.

Since the 360 has been able to copy discs to the HDD, the load times haven't been as much of an issue. I wonder what the PS3 game will look like. I was a little disappointed with some of the jagged edges and frame rate issues on DA2.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
1 more week! I actually have a week vacation booked for this. (not as sad as it sounds as I have 5 weeks of vacation time that needs to go by EOY)

All the trailers and game play videos look amazing for this! Anyone else have any impending vacation or scheduled illness for next Friday? Next week may be a good time to donate a kidney or break a bone or "accidentally" poison ones self to get some sick leave!

While I enjoy being a trophy whore there is too much going for the PC version (mods). That said I played both Fallout 3 and NV for the PS3.......curious. As previously mentioned though I feel snake bitten by the leveling system in Oblivion that made the game almost unplayable for me. Because it's an awesome game mechanic that forces me to go into sneak mode, tie an elastic band around my controller and point myself at a wall and walk away for 20 minutes. Just so I'm not punished when I level up. Welcome to 1980 game mechanics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts