Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relativity Media and Hydraulx Entertainment (Avatar) are the studios. So you know the vfx will be good. Once the reviews are out I suspect Universal will ramp up the ads.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
...Interesting, this one seems to have very little advertising....
Saw a bunch of TV commercials about 3 weeks ago. Probably during Survivor or something (can't remember). Nothing since. However apart from the News I watch few shows live so it could be that I'm just skipping over them since then. But I definitely did see TV spots for it in the past.

P.S. Doesn't it just look like another version of War of the Worlds?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Saw it today - 4PM showing at Collossus.
A healthy mix of War Of The Worlds (without the happy ending), Independence Day (without the happy ending), and very much Cloverfield.

A good movie as long as you are in it for the excitement - this is no Avatar, but it is not a bad way to waste some time. We enjoyed it, taking it for what it is and not looking for more.
Recommended, provided you do not tend to be too critical. Take it just for fun and amazing special effects, and you will enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan to go but I am trying to avoid setting any expectations by reading reviews. I appreciate your use of the spoiler tags. :)

·
Banned
175 Posts
Saw this last week with friends. WOW, it was painful to sit through. Nothing special in the aq/pq area but decent. Some of the battle scenes (although very brief) were like watching ID4 from a street level.
Acting, script and pace played out like a BAD soap opera, very worthy of it's 16% rating on RT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts