Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EastLink will provide customers with more high definition channels with its announcement today that it will launch 12 NEW HD channels. Six of the 12 channels are now available in select areas, while the remainder will launch soon.

Beginning today,

The HD channels listed below will be added to EastLink's HD channel pack. Subscription to the standard definition version of these channels (Time Zone Pak) is required to receive the HD version.

• Fox West (channel 660): HD Equivalent to Fox West
  • NBC West (channel 661): HD Equivalent to NBC West
  • ABC West (channel 662): HD Equivalent to ABC West
  • CBS West (channel 663): HD Equivalent to CBS West
EastLink will also launch Speed HD (channel 620) and a PPV HD (channel 695). Speed HD is the HD Equivalent to the Speed Channel and will be available as a Freeview to all digital cable customers with an HD ready Digital Cable box for a limited time.

Coming soon!

HD Extra Pak - six HD channels for $6.95 per month.

• Discovery HD
  • HDNet
  • Oasis
  • Equator
  • Rush
  • Treasure:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great news as always when we Canadians are getting more HD programming. Programming that has previously only been available only to the Americans. What areas does Eastlink cover? I'm from Toronto so obviously I'd be with Rogers (temporarily living in LA).

·
Registered
938 Posts
Cover all areas.
The Networks (CBC, CTV, CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS)
Sports (TSN and Sportsnet, Speed)
General Interest (AE Showcase)

It does cover most areas, just needs depth now.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The Geographical areas that Eastlink covers are mostly Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and 1 town in New Brunswick. They've bought some assets in Newfoundland, northern Ontario, and British Columbia, but the last two aren't run under the Eastlink name.

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big deal

So now we have to pay 7 bucks more to get a few more HD channels when the satellite providers already offer these channels as part of their base monthly charge.

Nice way for Eastlink to keep their customers from switching. :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah really though, just imagine how much it costs to have access to all 25 channels, considering you have to buy the sd versions first, works out to about 50 bucks a month plus the box rental, plus the $54 for digital, so about 104$ for 25 channels, ouch. I got rid of my HD box and HD service, couldn't justify paying almost 175$ a month for phone/net/cable, satellite is looking better by the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts