The satellite radio round up is a collection of announcements recently released by Sirius XM, Sirius or XM Canada that we think are of interest to Satellite radio subscribers.
Recent satellite radio announcements include Sirius XM's 'The History of Howard Stern: Act III' series, a completed schedule of College Football Bowl games, Bomani Jones joining Hardcore Sports Radio, and Regis Philbin guest hosts on Bing Crosby Christmas Radio.
The History of Howard Stern: Act III
The History of Howard Stern: Act III which takes abehind-the-scenes look at the life, career and achievements of Howard Stern.
Part three covers include the publication of his bestselling books Private Parts and Miss America; the launch of the E! show; Howard's run for governor of New York; the day Howard saved a caller from jumping off the George Washington Bridge; an all-star tribute to Sam Kinison; Song parodies and bits from the "golden" years at K-Rock; stories from Stern's various television projects, including Butt Bongo Fiesta, New Year's Rotten Eve and the original E! show, The Howard Stern Interview; Early appearances from Stern Show favorites like Roseanne Barr, Jim Carrey, Conan O'Brien, Alec Baldwin, Tiny Tim and Pamela Anderson; the 1993 interviews with Robert Blake and OJ Simpson.
The show will air from December 21 - January 1 on Howard 100 and Howard 101.
Bomani Jones joins Hardcore Sports Radio
Score Media today announced that Bomani Jones will be joining Hardcore Sports Radio with his new morning show, The Morning Jones. The three-hour broadcast will debut on Sirius Channel 98 air waves on January 11th, 2010 and will air weekdays from 7-10 am ET.
Broadcast live from North Carolina, The Morning Jones features analysis of the most pressing sports issues of the day as well as some of the most compelling live guests in sports radio.
A Georgia native, who grew up in Texas and now resides in North Carolina, Bomani Jones is an accomplished on-air personality and a respected writer. He is a contributor to ESPN.com’s Page 2 and previously hosted The Three Hour Lunch Break and Sports Saturday for the McClatchey Broadcasting Company, operator of numerous sports talk radio stations in the state of North Carolina.
Regis Philbin guest hosts on Bing Crosby Christmas Radio
For the second year in a row, Regis Philbin will be the special guest host of Bing Crosby Christmas Radio. On this limited run holiday channel Bing's wife Kathryn Crosby, daughter Mary Crosby and sons Harry and Nathaniel share memories, introduce songs and shows and reflect on Crosby's life and work. In addition, Regis shares his favorite Bing memories and anecdotes and also introduces songs and shows.
Bing Crosby Christmas Radio will broadcast a selection of Bing Crosby holiday radio specials recorded from 1938-1962. Great moments from these classic shows include Bing and his guests--some of the biggest stars of the time such as Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Bob Hope and Rosemary Clooney --singing together, doing skits and celebrating the holidays. The shows on Bing Crosby Christmas Radio also feature Crosby's beloved music, including his most popular recording ever, "White Christmas."
In addition, Regis will host a one-hour special featuring favorite holiday songs performed by Bing and other legendary entertainers. The show will feature music from performers including Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra and Andy Williams, plus several of Regis' own Christmas recordings including "Where Do We Go for Christmas?" It will replay throughout the week.
Bing Crosby Christmas Radio will air from December 19 through December 25 on Sirius channel 105 and XM channel 151.
U.S. College Bowl Games Schedule
Subscription satellite radio coverage features live play-by-play of 25 games including the Rose Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl, Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl and the Citi BCS National Championship game.
The schedule will begin with the New Mexico Bowl on Saturday, December 19 at 4:30pm ET and continues through Thursday, January 7, when #1 ranked Alabama faces off against #2 Texas in the Citi BCS National Championship Game.
All games wil air on Sirius channel 120 and XM channel 140 unless otherwise noted.
A complete schedule of games and channels appears below. (All times ET)
- New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque, NM - Wyoming vs. Fresno St. - December 19, 4:30pm
- St. Petersburg Bowl, St. Petersburg, FL - Central Florida vs. Rutgers - December 19, 8:00pm
- R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, LA - Middle Tennessee St. vs. So. Mississippi - December 20, 8:30pm
- San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, San Diego, CA - Utah vs. California - December 23, 8:00pm
- Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, HI - Nevada vs. Southern Methodist - December 24, 8:00pm
- Little Caesars Bowl, Detroit, MI - Marshall vs. Ohio - December 26, 1:00pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Meineke Car Care Bowl, Charlotte, NC - Pittsburgh vs. North Carolina - December 26, 4:30pm, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Emerald Bowl, San Francisco, CA - Boston College vs. USC - December 26, 8:00pm
- Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl, Nashville, TN - Kentucky vs. Clemson - December 27, 8:30pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Roady's Humanitarian Bowl, Boise, ID - Bowling Green vs. Idaho - December 30, 4:30pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, San Diego, CA - Nebraska vs. Arizona - December 30, 8:00pm
- Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth, TX - Air Force vs. Houston - December 31, 12:00pm
- Texas Bowl, Houston, TX - Navy vs. Missouri - December 31, 3:30pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Chick-fil-A Bowl, Atlanta, GA - Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee - December 31, 7:30pm
- Outback Bowl, Tampa, FL - Northwestern vs. Auburn - January 1, 11:00am
- Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA - Ohio State vs. Oregon - January 1, 4:30pm
- Allstate Sugar Bowl, New Orleans, LA - Cincinnati vs. Florida - January 1, 8:30pm
- International Bowl, Toronto, Canada - South Florida vs. Northern Illinois - January 2, 12:00pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- PapaJohns.com Bowl, Birmingham, AL - Connecticut vs. South Carolina - January 2, 2:00pm
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Memphis, TN - Arkansas vs. E. Carolina - January 2, 5:30pm
- Valero Alamo Bowl, San Antonio, TX - Michigan State vs. Texas Tech - January 2, 9:00pm
- Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, Glendale, AZ - Boise State vs. TCU - January 4, 8:00pm
- FedEx Orange Bowl, Miami, FL - Georgia Tech vs. Iowa - January 5, 8:00pm
- GMAC Bowl, Mobile, AL - Central Michigan vs. Troy - January 6, 7:00pm,, Sirius Channel 122 / XM 143
- Citi BCS National Championship Game, Pasadena, CA - Texas vs. Alabama - January 7, 8:00pm
Discuss all of these stories in Digital Home's Sirius XM Satellite Radio forum .