Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to several U.S. fan websites, Sirius XM will be simulcasting approximately 50 stations on both XM and Sirius beginning on November 12th.

This has apparently been "confirmed" obliquely by an XM Promo and an XM on-air personality.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I did hear a promo on Escape channel 78 on XM going to channel 28 on the 12th. That would eliminate Broadway on that channel.

Also, according to a certain XM site, it seems like channels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 44, and 49 will be gone completely. It also explains why we don't have Holly on 103 (held by the sirius channel Martha Stewart) right now. We were supposed to have the christmas channels located to new channels but it doesn't look good at the moment. The blog space that was confirming the return of these channels have been wiped.

This brings a question: How can the canadian equivalent of the sat service continue to promote that there will be no change? I'm not sure what to do with this realignment of the channels in favor of dropping the ones I like right now. I am not happy about this merger at all.

·
Registered
608 Posts
From the looks of it, there is going to be a major channel change coming in nine days. Other than the odd promo on some of the channels, we only have rumors to go on...

That's not a way to run a business.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Also, according to a certain XM site, it seems like channels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 44, and 49 will be gone completely.
Would that be XMFan?

Anywho, if 7, 8, 44, and 49 go, those are the channels I listen to most of the time. Good thing my subs are all coming up for renewal soon....more money in my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Yes I think that's where I had seen it but it linked the info to a blog. On the blog, there were over 35 channels that were getting the axe. some of the info did hold true because many of the announcers that were on these stations are gone. One that I liked was Kandy on the 80's channel. It just isn't the same without her top 5 of the day. Sat radio is starting to suck IMHO.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I did read on blog from the Washington post I think it was, but missed the one you are referring to.

There is so much chatter going on about this right now, it's hard to keep up.

The appeal of Sat Radio is fading for me.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I've been with XM since July 2006 and I'm on month-to-month with my two receivers. If things go the way they're rumoured to be going I'll have to take a good hard look at whether to keep my sub or not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
They better not mess with Sirius 22 First Wave.
Also, according to a certain XM site, it seems like channels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 44, and 49 will be gone completely.
XM44 is "Fred" the XM New Wave channel - so Sirius First Wave should be safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do Canadian subscribers have any recourse to these merged channesl if we lose any content?

I am pretty upset with these chances, more so that I wanted to back the cdn company and get the lifetime sub for canada, when I should've went grey....

·
Registered
608 Posts
This XM music channel lineup has been 'floating around' the net for a couple of days now. It was supposedly leaked from a 'reliable source', but since nobody knows the source, It's only rumor. (Don't change your channel presets just yet :) ). I haven't heard anything about the talk channels.
----------------------------------------------------------------

KEY:
* - merged/adjusted
^ - Clear Channel Music Channels, w/ commercials
~ - moved channel
+ - NEW channel

DECADES
4 – 40’S on 4
5 – 50’s on 5
6 – 60’s on 6
7 – 70’s on 7
8 – 80’s on 8
9 – 90’s on 9

COUNTRY
10 – The Roadhouse*
11 – Nashville^
12 – Outlaw Country*
13 – Willie’s Place
14 – Bluegrass Junction
15 – The Village
16 – The Highway*
17 – Prime Country*
18 – Elvis Radio+

POP/HITS
20 – 20 on 20
21 – KISS^
22 – MIX^
23 – SIRIUS XM Love*
24 – The Pink Channel^
25 – The Blend
26 – The Pulse*
28 – Escape*
29 – BBC Radio 1*
30 – Pop 2k*

CHRISTIAN
32 – The Message
33 – Praise*
34 – enlighten

ROCK
39 - Led Zep Radio
40 – Deep Tracks
41 – Hair Nation+
42 – XMLM
43 – SIRIUS XM U*
44 – 1st Wave*
45 – The Spectrum*
46 – Classic Vinyl*
47 - Alt Nation*
48 – Octane*
49 – Classic Rewind*
50 – The Loft
51 - The Coffeeshop
52 – Faction+
53 – Boneyard (returning in January)
54 – Lithium*
55 – Radio Margaritaville+
56 – Jam_On+
57 – Grateful Dead Radio+
58 – E Street Radio+
59 – Underground Garage+

R&B/URBAN/RAP
60 – Soul Town*
62 – Heart & Soul*
64 – The Groove
66 – Shade+
67 – Hip Hop Nation*
68 – The Heat

JAZZ/BLUES/LIFESTYLE
70 – Real Jazz
71 – Watercolors
72 – Spa*~
73 – SIRIUSLY Sinatra*
74 – BB King’s Bluesville
75 – On Broadway~
76 – Cinemagic~

CLASSICAL
77 – SIRIUS XM Pops*~
78 – Symphony Hall*~
79 – Metropolitan Opera Radio*~

DANCE
80 – Area
81 – BPM
84 – SIRIUS XM Chill*

INTERNATIONAL/LATIN
85 – Caliente~
86 – The Joint~
87 – The Verge~
88 – Air Musique~
89 – Sur La Route~

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
If that's the lineup, kind of mixed feelings.

Would have preferred X-Country to Outlaw Country, Sirius Blues to BB King Bluesville, and will miss the XM Exclusive channel and all the live performances you could find in one place.

Glad to see Deep Tracks survive for the Dylan and Petty radio shows which I hope stay. Also, I much prefer Lithium/1st Wave/Underground Garage to Lucy/Fred/Ethel so that's a good call.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts