Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im trying to download the new sirius xm app for my samsung galaxy vibrant smartphone. When i go to their site i am prompted to download it, when i use the marketplace no app is found, when i use the internet option it 404's anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks! that worked.. haha, I guess I really didn't look around too much when they had it right on their site. Weird thing is its not in the market, the link from the site is for the app itself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a U.S. sub and can't see the app in the Android market.
The link from sirius.com doesn't work (error 404).
I can use the Canadian link and it works...for a Canadian sub.
Need a link/app for a U.S. sub in Canada.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SiriusXM app (US VERSION)

Rigis - I have been looking into this as well. All I can say is at this point I don't know what to do. I am lucky in that I have a BB Storm 2 from BELL and was able to download the siriusXM app directly from the US website. Don't know why it wasn't blocked - my guess is that support for my OS or phone is not enough for Bell to worry about.

I have found a .apk file that is supposed to be the Android app here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t8cj86kmh18m9gl

If you put this file on a micro SD card and then download an app loader from the marketplace it should work...I can't confirm because I don't have an Android phone, or know anyone who can test it for me.

I would love to upgrade my smartphone to an HTC Desire Z or the new BB Torch but I won't risk losing my access to SiriusXM over my current setup. It would be great if you could give this a try and post some feedback. Sadly it seems that neither RIM nor SiriusXM want to provide an app that works with BB OS6 so I may be SOL once this BB Storm 2 dies.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Works on phone, not on tablet

I thought I would bump this thread instead of starting another.
The Sirius Canada android app works perfectly over the wifi connection on my Samsung Gio.
However, I cannot get it to work on my Le Pan 970.
I installed the app directly from the Sirius Canada website, and get to the point of typing in my username and password, but then it forever hangs at the "checking for updates" screen.
I see in other threads on this site, and other sites, that people have experienced the same issue on their tablets.
Has anyone been successful in getting it operational?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts