Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a U.S. Sirius sub and can't see the app in the Android market.
The link from sirius.com doesn't work (error 404).
I can use the Canadian link and it works...for a Canadian sub.
Need a link/app for a U.S. sub in Canada...
Is the phone region based and blocking apps?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got through to download the app from Sirius.com in the US......only to end with "blocked by carrier". Thank you Rogers!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
In general if you have Android system you don't need to install app from the Android Store. You can download APK file to your PC and then you can make send by bluetooth to your device and then you can install any Android app yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
US sirius canadian iphone

Is there any way to get us sirius app on my canadian iphone .Just bought a US lifetime sub not knowing it would not work on my phone.Is there any phone that let you download US sirius app.thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Might not be helpful... But my father BB app doesn't work with my US sub login with US Sirius either.

But with my iPhone, I was able to download the US Sirius app, and it would flawlessly here in Mississauga.

That would lead me to believe it's not the actual USA Sirius blocking the stream to Canada, but the Canadian app just not excepting the US Sirius one.

·
Registered
832 Posts
To the last two posts, Sirius US isn't blocked in Canada whatsoever. As Wyl suggested, it is the Canadian Appstore app that isn't worth (well rhymes with app). And no Rogers doesn't geoblock Sirius US either as I'm on Fido (which is the same IP range) and the Sirius US app works just fine. Jinx31, hunt around int he forum and you'll find the answer to your question... which starts with a whopping YES!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts