Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been using Shaw simultaneous ring transferring incoming calls to two cell phones for business use now for a couple of years. About 8 months ago it started playing up, we could not get connected with any customer that had recently changed their home phone service to Shaw, the call would connect but we can’t here caller and they can hear us.
Over the last seven months I have made more than 40 plus calls and e mails plus letters to Shaw to complain about this problem. Initially I received very poor service they promised to call me back and nether did, and then if they did you could nether get to speak to the same person twice, every time you phone in their customer service reps had no idea what you are on about and you would have to start from the beginning again.
Eventually a couple of months ago they finally came to the conclusion that the Nortel switches they they started using 7/8 months ago were causing the problem. The previous switches they used Siemens had no problems.
Now after messing around for another two months trying to modify these switches and software they are telling me that they cannot solve the problem and it would be too costly to rectify and are washing their hands of this. But they are still advertising this service.
Now I have bean losing business with this issue missing at least 3 to 4 calls every day as well as the hours I have put in calling Shaw and the frustration for our customers. I am considering taking Shaw to the small claims court for loss of earnings and stress.
:(

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would speak to a lawyer. If sounds like you do have a case.

Are they continuing to charge you for this service even though they are not able to deliver it consistently?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The Sim Ring feature is a value added service so there is no additional monthly charge for this feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaw Guru that’s your excuses is it, your web site it states included in the plan so it is part of a plan that I paid for.
So you explain to me why it has taken seven months for them to tell me they cannot fix the problem. Have made me so many promises to phone me back and sort the problem out, all of which they have not done.
Also the service is clearly not working why are they still advertising and promoting it on their literature and web site.
I have worked in customer service for 30 years and the service that I have received from Shaw is the worst i have ever come across.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Unfortunately I do not know all of the particulars in regards to your experience and the problem you are encountering. Without knowing all of the info I can't really comment on what could be going on regarding the simruing feature not working properly for you. I was responding to Gino's concern about being charged for the feature. I have personally used the simring feature in the past without incident so I'm usure what the challenge may be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can tell you exactly what the problem is Shaw in the last eight months have been installing Nortel switches on your exchanges were they used to use Simeins switches these Nortel switches do not work correctly with simultaneous ring as your technical department is well aware but have confessed that they are unable to fix after trials in BC and AB.
Your advertisement of this service should be pulled immediately as it is false advertising. I will PM you the telephone number we use with this service so you can check your records

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'll track down some of the people that know what's going on with the situation and see what options may be available if any. I'll let you know once I have some info which will likely be early next week.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Possible solution: Talked with a guy named Jeff in Kelowna who may have come up with a solution for this now that we have confirmed what the challenge is. We have given him some of your info from the account and we will try to contact you to see if this will be OK.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
I have the same problem. ... I was persistent for two months dealing with many reps in Winnipeg.... and kinda gave up as they don't seem to care. PM me and we should compare notes. I was told I was one of three in Winnipeg

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Looks like Jeff in Kelowna has found a work around for you Mike and he mentioned to me that he has completed some tests calls and it seems to be working.

I'm going to follow up with you early next week if that is OK just to make sure everything is still working fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts