Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Rogers stopped including a new SIM card with each phone? I did a HUP last year and the box came with a new SIM card. I just did another HUP and no SIM card, and the list of contents on the outside of the box does not say SIM card is included. What if a customer activates a new account? Would they provide a SIM card separately for free?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have one of those SIM cards from my last HUP. Can I use that in one of my phones the same time I use the other one in another phone?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the phone and the SIM card from a Rogers store, or by phone? I have heard that SIM cards from a Rogers store can be activated to be used on any other phone, but if you ordered a SIM by phone, then that SIM is registered to one specific account. But no harm to try. Just call in and ask them to activate it for your other phone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^ technically they do sell them for $10 now but good luck getting a store rep to sell you one if you aren't signing a 3-year contract.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
^^^^
I recently bought one @ $10, without signing any contract.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
whom ever thinks a 3-year contract is REQUIRED to purchase a SIM is just plain old SILLY. NO the sim is just the hardware required to make your phone work. The 3-year contract can be with your plan, or it can be monthly, or it can be pay as u go (where contracts don't exist.. yet?)

Guess what? you can even buy a SIM if your not even a customer, and call in and activate it over the telephone at a later time, yes, betcha didnt know that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just purchased a new Bold 9700 (did a hardware upgrade) so they knew I had an existing SIM card and they included one with the Bold anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts