Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that Silver Screen was taken out of my Movie package. Another Family member has the same problem and called Rogers. He was told he could have it back for an additional $7 a month...this sounds like extortion!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just noticed this as well , live in Kitchener. Not bad , I pay for ALL channels and now I need to pay for this one???Two words,,,, NO THANKS!!! Same goes with Sportsnet One should that go pay

·
Registered
154 Posts
Never noticed this afternoon but just checked now and I also do not have the channel anymore (Toronto downtown), did watch some movies on there but nothing I can't buy/rent or care about in the future.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
I'm on Ultimate with movies and it's gone for me too. I may have watched it once or twice, but for me it won't be missed. Movieola also seems to be gone. Not sure I ever tuned to it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know, Rogers forum but BEV yanked these two recently and wanted extra money to get them back. Maybe it's not Rogers/BEV handiwork but the parents of these (channel zero?)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Looks like contracts were up for renewal, maybe they made some unusual demands. For sure this has to do with the parent of those 2 channels. At least they could have informed their customers regarding the change. Of course, I'm sure both sides will blame each other, and I'm sure their will be no reduction in your bill either. I also noticed that both those channels are still listed as part of the VIP Ultimate Movies package on the website.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There was a notice Rogers sent out recently that stated the "PICK ALL" package would no longer include certain channels. I believe these are some of the channels dropped from that package. The package has now been renamed to take the "ALL" out of the name since it no longer applies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts